Monday 19 November 2007

After the feeding issues

After our concerns about our bearded dragons not eating last week I am pleased to report they eating extremely well. Here is our new feeding schedule:

1) We are now feeding them smaller crickets [classified 'medium' rather than 'standard' from or local reptile shop]. These seem to go down much better.

2) We are feeding them 2 times per day, when it works for us. They are probably eating between 6 and 12 each at each feeding time.

3) I am attempting to only feed them what they will eat. Somtimes I feel they could eat more, but I do not want to leave crickets in the Vivarium. The ballance is a careful one. I am trying to remove any leftover crickets after 15 minutes or so. I don't always get them all though!

4) They are getting 2 no cricket days per week. Friday was supposed to be one, but I gave them some in the morning.

5) They are also enjoying spring greens, as well as other veg.

The result is:
1) They looks forward to feeing time and wait on the feeing rock. Both of them ate crickets that were sitting on my hand.

2) My concern over this is that they are not chasing them around as much.

1 comment:

Bearded Dragons Eat said...

One thing that has always worked on my dragons is that when they get all dependent on me for their food like that, is that I leave them with no food for a while (3-5 days), then drop 1 or 2 crickets for them. Then I take a few minutes and drop a couple more. Then most of the time that takes care of it. Make sure the heat in the cage is higher than usual if they are not eating...